"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter entertainment

A chook has made herself at home in my backyard and is keeping the cats wonderfully entertained. I've tried to shoo her away a few times, but she keeps coming back. A tough, rangy, country chicken, she is utterly unfazed by the cats and coolly flaps out of their reach whenever they try to sneak up on her. I just hope this doesn't all end in chicken tears. Cooper, pride injured, has retired from the chook-catching competition and is busy pretending that he is bored by the whole thing and wasn't even really trying. I'm pretending I believe him. Score: Cooper - 0. Chook - 1.

Polly, however, is still at it. Jenny and Gus, city cats both, have lapsed into befuddled wonderment.





As for myself, yesterday was a day for gathering with the clan and eating hot cross buns and other snacks whilst chatting and engaging in an all arvo and evening, watch-til-your-eyeballs-drop-out movie marathon. Curiously, the last three of our batch of randomly-chosen -films-that-most-of-us-hadn't- seen-before all featured either crucifixion icons and debates (Agora) or gory crucifixion scenes that were central to the main character's development i.e. a need for revenge/redemption that excused wielding multiple blades to slice, dice, split and behead evildoers (Machete and Solomon Kane).

No comments: