"I'm just going to write because I can't help it."- Charlotte Brontë


Friday, February 28, 2014

End of the Month Report: February 2014


Submissions:4
Rejections: 4 (the 4 I submitted)
Acceptances: 0
Published: 0
Stories out in the wild: 6
New stories completed: 1
Mood: My output was only a slight improvement on last month. Alas, just as I was building up steam, I was, as per usual, derailed by the Real World. I'm presently dragging myself out of a deep funk. The Arvo Job events of a few weeks ago hit me harder than I'd wanted (or been willing) to admit - first came the numbing shock, then the anger, then, unbeknownst even to myself for a goodly while, I slowly slid into a bluesy kind of place full of glum thoughts and the not much doing of stuff. But I've rallied and am tottering forwards. A nice weekend of writing, that's what I need to clear my system. Life is too short to waste too much headspace time on stuff one cannot control. Moving on.

3 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

It's easy to give advice to those in a funk, easy to remind them how great they are, what a wonderful writer they are, and soon on. But I know what it's like to be in the funk, and comments like that don't usually help. Just know you have my love and support, with good vibes heading your way. And let me know if there's anything I can do.

parlance said...

It would be great if we could all feel contented - even happy - most of the time, but life doesn't let us do that, does it? I'm sorry to hear you've been in a 'not much doing of stuff' place. It's a crummy feeling.

I hope you're starting once again to do stuff. And to enjoy the doing.

Gitte Christensen said...

Thank you, Steve - your comment does help, really. And your vibes must be working, because I'm travelling along, singing a song today, so I think I'm through to the other side now. Funny - looking back at the past fortnight, I wonder what it was all about and where my brain was at and why I couldn't shake it off. Hindsight sometimes doesn't get it.

BTW, I just popped over to read your Galaxy's Edge story. Very funny.

Thank you, Catherine - you're right about life. I'm always wondering why it won't just let us all get on with the things we love and stop throwing up unnecessary roadblocks :) And yes, I hate the NMDOS place. It's so unsatisfyingly unproductive :) But I'm pottering about today, and my gloomy thoughts have moved on, so it all seems good again, and I appreciate the feeling.